The youth center located on base has decided to accept 13 year old scholars for the 2015-2016 school year. For more details, please contact the youth center.
August 24, 2015
Greetings Imagine Andrews Families,
It’s a great day at Imagine Andrews! I hope you and your scholars had a great summer! As we begin the school year, I would like to reiterate to some and introduce to others the car line procedures for the 2015-2016 school year. Listed below are the procedures that will be followed beginning on the morning of Tuesday, August 25, 2015.
- Signs/Roadblocks will prevent cars from going beyond the point where the driveway meets the sidewalk that leads to the side of the building.
- Cars will not be able to pull beyond this point until after 8:05AM (breakfast)
- At 8:05AM the sign/roadblock closest to the inside of the lot will be removed.
- As parents let scholars out for breakfast (on the sidewalk) they will be able to pull out on the inside of the lane (closest to the middle).
- If the amount of cars that are waiting to drop a student off for breakfast moves beyond the sidewalk, we will make adjustments to the line.
- The sign/road block closest to the sidewalk will not be removed until approximately to 8:15.
At 8:15AM there will be a team of staff members assisting with opening car doors and supporting scholars with moving from the cars to the entrance doors. Parents are not permitted to get out of cars in the line.
Please ensure that scholars have their garments, backpacks, materials, instruments and other belongings with them as you approach the car line. There will not be time for parents to stop or get out of the cars.On multiple occasions, we have noticed parents letting scholars out of cars in the parking lot and allowing them to walk through the lot to the entrance. This is extremely dangerous. Please do not let scholars out of the vehicle until you reach the sidewalk to the entrance.
The purpose of this process is to create the most effective and safe environment for our families. We ask that you collaborate with us in order to ensure that this procedure is carried out in an effective and diligent manner.
Thank you for your continuous support,
H. Douglas Rice II, Principal
As I begin my second school year as Principal of Imagine Andrews Public Charter School, I am excited and deeply committed to having a phenomenal year! We will accomplish this by keeping our academic standards and expectations high for all children and providing supportive systems where needed. It is also a priority for us to focus on character development as we are shaping the lives of our amazing scholars. Last but not least, ensuring that our scholars are college and career ready.
Click here to read more.