Welcome from the Principal
August 1, 2017
Greetings Imagine Andrews Families,
It’s a great day at Imagine Andrews! I hope all of our families are having a great summer. I would like to welcome all returning and new families to the 2017-2018 school year. We are excited about implementing several new initiatives and increasing the effectiveness of some of the expectations that are already in place.
I have listed below the “Big Rocks” for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Effectively Tracking Student Data
- Scholars Knowing Their Own Data School wide
- Effective Implementation of the Acceleration Model
- Emphasis on Restorative Practices
- Increasing Reading Proficiency & Learning GainsIn addition, there are some other school wide initiatives that we are working to put in place. I have listed them below.
- Classroom DOJO will be a school wide initiative. Teachers will use classroom DOJO across all grade levels
- The middle school grades will have the option of an advanced class. This class will be a pilot. The purpose of this is to expose our middle school scholars to a curriculum that will better prepare them for middle school
- Success Time: Intervention & enrichment opportunities within the classroom to meet the needs of diverse scholars
- We are updating our current website to a new mobile friendly format to increase effective communicationI am looking forward to an outstanding school year as we collaborate and partner with families in order to provide the best educational experience for our scholars. The first official day of school for all scholars is Wednesday, September 6, 2017. Scholars will begin going to their classes at 8:05AM. Scholars who purchase school breakfast will need to arrive no later than 8:00 a.m. Breakfast will be served daily from 8:00 a.m. – 8: 15 a.m. Grades Kindergarten through 4th will dismiss at 2:40 p.m. Grades 5-8 will dismiss at 3:10 p.m.
H. Douglas Rice II, Principal