August 30, 2019
Greetings Imagine Andrews Families,
It’s a great day at Imagine Andrews! We have arrived at the first week of school! The staff is looking forward to welcoming families. Please see below for information about the week. Read carefully – answers to many frequently asked questions are found below.
Thank you for choosing Imagine Andrews Public Charter School. We value your partnership and we will be working hard to fulfill our vision of creating a school culture that prepares scholars for academic success and beyond as a leader to advance in a global community in which they live.
We use Classroom Dojo as our primary means of daily communication. Once your child’s teacher shares their Classroom Dojo code with you please create a Classroom Dojo account so you can stay updated with the happenings of the school. You can also follow us on Twitter @ImagineAndrews.
Arrival and dismissal
The doors will open for all scholars at 8:05 a.m. For the first day of school, parents can walk their child directly to the classroom. Scholars purchasing school breakfast will be permitted to purchase breakfast beginning at 8:00 a.m. Scholars may purchase breakfast daily from 8:00 a.m.-8:20 a.m. The instructional day begins at 8:30. Please come on time.
All scholars in grades K-4 will be dismissed at 2:40 p.m. and scholars in grades 5-8 will be dismissed at 3:10 p.m. Parents who have children in both elementary (K-4) and middle school (5-8) should not pick up their children until the 3:10 p.m. dismissal. Kindergarten-fourth grade scholars who have siblings in middle school will be placed in a supervised classroom until their older sibling is called over the walkie-talkie to be dismissed. This process will help the car line be more efficient, operating at a steady pace.
Please do not drop off or pick up your child(ren) on San Antonio Blvd and adhere to the speed limit. Security forces will issue speeding citations. If you receive two speeding citations, you may be suspended for a minimum of 30 days from driving on Joint Base Andrews.
Morning Car Line Procedures
- At 8:00 a.m. there will be a team of staff members assisting with opening car doors and supporting scholars with moving from the cars to the entrance doors. Parents should remain in their vehicles while in the car line.
- Please ensure that scholars have their garments, backpacks, materials, instruments and other belongings with them as you approach the car line. There will not be time for parents to get out of the cars because getting out of the car causes the car line to slow down.
- Please do not let scholars out of the car in the parking lot and allow them to walk through the parking lot to entrance. This is extremely dangerous. Please do not let scholars out of the vehicle until you reach the sidewalk. The purpose of this process is to create the most effective and safe environment for our families. We ask that you follow these procedures in an effective and diligent manner.
After-School Car Line Procedures
- All independent walkers and bike riders are called on the walkie-talkie first.
- If you are walking to get your children in grades K-4, please sign the clipboard located outside the exterior doors. Someone will call them on the walkie-talkie.
- If you are in the car line, please do not get out of your car. Have the “I am picking up” sign on your dashboard so that your child’s name can be called on the walkie-talkie.
- If you are picking up a scholar in grades 5-8 and arrive early, during the K-4 dismissal, park in the inner circle of the car line.
- Keep the exterior front entry way clear. A place will be designated for parents Students in grades 5-8 are welcome to be picked up, with your permission, at the building facilities next door to us.
In order to create a consistent and safe environment that is free of distractions, Imagine Andrews Public Charter School has instituted a uniform dress code for all students. Uniforms can be purchased from FlynnO’Hara Uniforms.
- Short or long sleeve white oxford style shirt
- Red cardigan sweater (optional) Red V neck sweater (optional)
- Necktie(males) crossbow or necktie (females)
- Khaki pants, skirts, scooters or shorts. Cargo pants and joggers are not permitted.
- Belts must be solid khaki or solid black ONLY. Belts must be worn if there are belt loops on the pants
- Shoes – Uninterrupted black sneakers are required; sneakers should be solid black, have black shoelaces, and soft soles. Students are not permitted to have open toe shoes, sandals, or flip flops.
- Socks – Students are required to wear plain black or white cotton socks; student socks should be free of any other colors and logos.
- Tights-Female students have the option of wearing tights w/ their scooters. Tights must be solid white and free of holes and designs.
Scholars have the option of bringing a lunch from home or purchasing a lunch at school. We do not warm up lunches, so please do not send your child with a lunch that needs to be warmed. Lunch for scholars in grades K-6th grade is $2.75. Lunch for scholars in 7th and 8th grade is $3.00. Lunch can be purchased at myschoolbucks.com. You will need your child’s student ID to register. You may also pay for your child’s lunch using cash, cashier’s check or money order. You will have to send payment to the school cafeteria so your child’s account can be updated.
We are asking that all Imagine Scholars purchase an agenda book. Agenda books will be on sale for $5.00. Agenda books can be purchased from the school beginning on September 4, 2019. Agenda books improve organization, enhances student responsibility, and promotes home/school communication.
- 9/2 Holiday – Labor Day – Schools and Offices Closed
- 9/3 First Day of School for All Students
- 9/10 Rosh Hashanah
- 9/11 Back to School Night (K-4th Grade) 6:00-8:00
- 9/12 Back to School (5th-8th Grade) 6:00-8:00
- 9/27 Professional Development Day – 3-Hr. Early Dismissal for Students
Does your child have their immunizations for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year? Current sixth-grade students will need the Tdap and Meningitis vaccines to enter 7th grade on September 3, 2019. Enrolling kindergarten students will need two doses of Varicella (chicken pox vaccine).
H. Douglas Rice II