Greetings Imagine Andrews Families & Community,
Please use the link below to access details regarding the upcoming anti-bullying/ MLK event on JBA.
JBA Anti-Bullying MLK March 2018
Important: January 18, 2018: Schools and central offices will close 2 hours early due to inclement weather:
K-4 – 12:40 p.m.
5-8 – 1:10 p.m.
Greetings IA Families,
It’s a great day at Imagine Andrews! Please use the link below to access the October newsletter:
October 2017 Newsletter
H. D. Rice II
Greetings Imagine Andrews Families,
Please use the link below to access the updated Family Handbook for 2017-2018. Please review this important document. It will give clarity on many school rules and expectations.
Updated Family Handbook 2017-2018
Car Line Procedures
Scholars will be dismissed to their classes at 8:05 AM. Scholars purchasing school breakfast will need to arrive no later than 8:20 AM. Breakfast will be served daily from 8:00AM-8:20AM. Grades Kindergarten through 4th grade will dismiss at 2:40 PM. Grades 5-8 will dismiss at 3:10 PM.
Parents who have children in both elementary (K-4) and middle school should not pick up their children until the 3:10 p.m. dismissal. Children in grades K-4 who have siblings in middle school will be placed in a supervised classroom until their older sibling is called over the walkie-talkie to be dismissed.
Morning Car Line Procedures
- At 8:00 a.m. there will be a team of staff members assisting with opening car doors and supporting scholars with moving from the cars to the entrance doors. Parents are not permitted to get out of cars in the line.
- Please ensure that scholars have their garments, backpacks, materials, instruments and other belongings with them as you approach the car line. There will not be time for parents to stop or get out of the cars. On multiple occasions, we have noticed parents letting scholars out of cars in the parking lot and allowing them to walk through the lot to the entrance. This is extremely dangerous. Please do not let scholars out of the vehicle until you reach the sidewalk to the entrance.
- The purpose of this process is to create the most effective and safe environment for our families. We ask that you collaborate with us in order to ensure that this procedure is carried out in an effective and diligent manner.
After-School Car Line Procedures
- All independent walkers & bike riders are called on the walkie-talkie first.
- If you are walking to get your children in grades K-4, please sign the clipboard located outside the exterior doors. Someone will call them on the walkie-talkie.
- If you are in the car line, please do not get out of your car.
- Families will receive a color coded card (on the first day/morning) to assist with the after school carline procedure.
- Have the “I am picking up” sign on your dashboard so that your child’s name can be called over the walkie-talkie.
- If you are picking up a student in grades 5-8 and arrive early, during the K-4 dismissal, park in the inner circle of the carline (it will be labeled with cones).
- Keep the exterior front entry way clear. A place will be designated for parents that is off to the side of the entry way, so it is clear and is not a fire hazard.
- Scholars in grades 5-8 are welcome to be picked up, with your permission, at the building facilities next door to us.
- Please do not drop-off and pick-up your child on San Antonio Blvd.
- Please adhere to the speed limit. Security Forces will issue you a citation. If you receive two citations, you may be suspended for a minimum of 30 days from driving on AAFB.