Greetings IA Families,
Please use the link below to access the February Newsletter:
The 2019-2020 Imagine Schools Military Lottery will open from February 11, 2019 12:01 am – May 15, 2018 11:59 pm. Please click here to begin the lottery process.
***Note: This lottery is for the following:
- Students that are dependents of Military Personnel with Active Assigned Orders to Joint Base Andrews and live in Prince Georges County
- Those who have active military orders and reside on Joint Base Andrews
Please review the information below to ensure that you have the correct documents to successfully submit your application:
- You must obtain a Prince George’s County Public School student number for your child (this number is required to complete the charter school lottery application); to obtain a student number contact the boundary school assigned for your home address to make arrangements to obtain a student number. Please email Tina Chavis at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are currently residing outside of Prince Georges County, Maryland for additional information for obtaining a student number.
- Maryland State Law requires that a child be 5 years of age on or before September 1 to enter Kindergarten. We must abide by this law; therefore, if your child will be 5 years of age AFTER September 1 you cannot apply for lottery placement to a Charter School for Kindergarten.
- Military families can contact Sunny Babauta Lee at email@example.com or 301-981-9211 with questions about the lottery.
(Attention: if you applied with Prince George’s County Public Schools during their open enrollment for Specialty Schools and you meet the requirements of a military family, please participate in this lottery.)
Imagine Andrews will dismiss 2 hours early, Monday, December 3rd due to the traffic patterns on and around Joint Base Andrews for the funeral planning of President George H.W. Bush. In addition, Imagine Andrews Public Charter School will be closed on Wednesday, December 5th.