8:00 a.m. Door open for breakfast
8:05 a.m. Doors open for all scholars
Staggered Scholar Dismissal – (K-4) 2:40 p.m. (5-8) 3:10 p.m.
SCHOOL BEGINS PROMPTLY AT 8:30 a.m. EVERYDAY
Arrival and dismissal times will be strictly enforced. Scholars are not to be left unattended outside of the building in the morning. Grace will be given on inclement weather days and days when there is a delay at the gates.
DROP OFF/ PICK UP AND TRAFFIC PATTERN
Parents are expected to drop off and pick students up in accordance with the school hours noted earlier in this handbook. Parents should know and follow the recommended traffic pattern and procedures when picking up and dropping off students. In an effort to promote safety, Imagine Andrews reserves the right to update traffic patterns as needed.
Please keep in mind that the following traffic pattern has been developed with student safety in mind and to expedite the drop off and pickup process. With that said, we ask that parents remain patient during drop off and pickup. Please read very carefully and see the succeeding diagram:
1. Non-base parents should enter base using the main gate, make a right at the first traffic light onto Perimeter Rd. Perimeter should be taken all the way to San Antonio Blvd. where parents will make a left turn.
2. All parents/cars should approach Imagine Andrews heading west to East on San Antonio Blvd. This means when approaching Imagine Andrews, the school should be on your right.
3. Parents should make a right hand turn into the parking lot and proceed around the lot “banked” closely to the curve.
4. For those who are leaving base, they should continue heading east (right hand turn out of the school lot) on San Antonio to Virginia Ave
At 8:05 a.m. there will be a team of staff members assisting with opening car doors and assisting students with moving from the cars to the entrance doors. Parents are not permitted to get out of cars in the line. Please ensure that your students have their outer garments, backpacks, materials, instruments and other belonging with them as you approach the carline. There will not be time to for parents to stop or get out of the cars. Please be sure that car seats are places on the curb side of the for easier access.
After-School Carline Procedures
• All independent walkers & bike riders are called on the walkie-talkie first.
• If you are walking to get your children in grades K-4, please sign the clipboard located outside
the exterior doors. Someone will call them on the walkie-talkie.
• If you are in the car line, please do not get out of your car. Have the “I am picking up” sign on
your dashboard so that your child’s name can be called over the walkie- talkie.
• If you are picking up a scholar in grades 5-8 and arrive early, during the K-4 dismissal, park in
the inner circle of the car line.
• Keep the exterior front entry way clear. A place will be designated for parents that is off to
the side of the entry way, so it is clear and is not a fire hazard.
• Students in grades 5-8 are welcome to be picked up, with your permission, at the building
facilities next door to us.
Additional Expectations for Parking Lot / Car Line
- Parking is not permitted along the curb in the circular driveway in front of the school.
- Please do not leave your car unattended in the morning or afternoon.
- In order to ensure that all scholars are safe, we are asking that you do not let scholarsout of in the parking lot alone.
- The handicapped spaces are designated for our disable parents. Please do not park orpull in to the spaces temporarily to drop off children.
- Scholars are only allowed to be let out of cars in the outer circle (closest to the curb) ofthe carline. Letting scholars out of the car while in the inner circle of the carline is prohibited.