Welcome to the start of a new school year. Whether you are a returning Imagine Andrews Public Charter School (PCS) family, or new to the Eagle’s Nest, we welcome you. It will not be long before we are able to engage our scholars with a GREAT year of teaching and learning. Read more.Read full post...
Read all news here...
Andrews Youth Center CLOSED Friday, May 22nd and Monday, May 25th
Career Day 2015 is Friday, June 5, 2015. We are looking for volunteers! Can you help? If so, click here.
College & Career, Armed Forces Day (1st Friday in every month)
School Spirit (3rd Friday in every month)
Imagine Andrews Spirit Week: April 27-May 1
Monday: Mustache Monday (tape or draw a fake mustache)
Tuesday: Funny Hat/Sunglasses
Wednesday: Wacky Socks
Thursday: Crazy Hair Day
Friday: Spirit Shirts & Jeans (no holes, rips, or distressed jeans)
Students are asked to donate $1 for each day that they participate.
If students do not participate, they must wear their school uniform. (refers to Friday)
All proceeds will support Teacher Appreciation Week (May 4-8)
NEW INFORMATION: Ms. Mackey, our Spanish teacher, will be on an extended leave until May 20, 2015.
IMPORTANT: Our scholars are hard at work this month demonstrating all they have learned this year on their PARCC exam. So as not to interrupt their academic achieving rhythm, we will not be having a specific 3rd quarter assembly... Instead! Stay Tuned as we will plan an end of the year celebration!
H. Douglas Rice II was selected by Imagine Andrews Board as the new Principal for Imagine Andrews. Please click here to learn more about Mr. Rice.
Download the most recent PTO information calendar here.
2015-2016 Charter School Lottery
Lottery Applications will be accepted online at www1.pgcps.org/charterslottery from November 3, 2014- January 30, 2015.
- You must obtain a Prince George’s County Public School student number for your child (this number is required to complete the charter school lottery application) to obtain a student number contact the school assigned for your home address to make arrangements to obtain a student number.
- Take your child’s original birth certificate and your proof of Prince George’s County resident (you may use one of the following deed, settlement papers, lease, or rental agreement) if you have residence other than the aforementioned please call the Pupil Accounting School Boundaries Office at 301.952.6300.
- Maryland State Law requires that a child be 5 years of age on or before September 1 to enter Kindergarten. We must abide by this law; therefore, if your child will be 5 years of age AFTER September 1 you cannot apply for lottery placement to a Charter School for Kindergarten.
- Please contact the school directly to schedule a tour at 301.350.6002.
Imagine Andrews Public Charter School is a member of Imagine Schools, a full-service charter school management organization that operates 72 schools in 12 states and helps nearly 80,000 parents and guardians educate their children.
Careers at Imagine Andrews
Are you a passionate educator interested in joining the Imagine Andrews team?
We are looking for:
- Academic Facilitator
- Middle School Social Studies Teacher
- Middle School Mathematics Teacher
- Response-to-Intervention Teacher (2)
- Technology Teacher
- Art Teacher (K-8)
Welcome to Imagine Andrews
Imagine Andrews Public Charter School (PCS) was established on Joint Base Andrews in 2011 to provide outstanding educational opportunities for military and community students. Our mission is to serve our nation by providing the students of the Andrews Community with a “world class” education, while meeting the needs of military families. Our vision is to create a school environment that prepares students for high school and beyond, develops their strong moral character, and provides them with the skills necessary to lead and advance our nation. Continue to check this site for updates, along with the latest news and information about our school. We invite you to contact us with questions at (301) 350-6002.